Information and Public Relation
Name of the Department:
Information & Public Relations Department, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
Address & Contact details:
District Information and Public Relations Officer, Deogarh
Tel. No.06641-226422 (O)
email : dipro.dgh111@gmail[dot]com
Aims and Objectives
District Information & Public Relations Office serves as a link between people and the District Administration this office not only informs on the plans, policies and programmes of the Govt., but also works to ensure people’s participation in the successful implementation of different developmental programmes and schemes in the District. To implement these programmes and to make them people oriented, this office makes awareness campaign in coordination with other Department in the District.
- To issue press release to the media regarding different Govt. programme as and when organised and to inform the media on the visit of VVIPs, VIPs to the District for necessary coverage of their programme.
- To celebrate different National events and special celebration like Republic Day, Independence Day, Odisha Divas etc. and Jayantis of reputed eminent personalities like Gandhi Jayanti, Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti etc.
- To make publicity work on behalf of District Administration during law & order situation as well as Natural calamities as and when necessary.
- To place before the Collector News paper cuttings, published in different News paper on different news paper on different issues concerning the District.
- To create public awareness on RTI Act-2005 and monitor the right implementation of this Act.
Information & Public Relations Section of Deogarh District was created in the year 1989 and started as an independent information & public relations District. This information & public relations District consist of one Sub-Division, namely Deogarh. The head of office of this organisation is District Information and Public Relations Officer, Deogarh. There is one post of Projectionist, one post of Senior Clerk, one post of Junior Steno, one post of Junior Store Keeper, one post of Driver and three posts of Group ‘D’ employees to assist in the official work. There is one Information Centre-cum-Reading room functioning at District Headquarter, Deogarh having one post of Junior Clerk-cum-Librarian and two posts of Group-D employees for its management. This is one of the oldest Library building in the State which was constructed by the then Kingdom of Bamanda Estate in the year 1920.
|Sl. No.||Category of post||Sanctioned strength|
|1||DI & PRO||1|
|5||Jr. Store Keeper||1|
|9||Literate Peon (Library)||1|