Name of the Section
District Sports Office, Deogarh
Name of the department
Department of Sports and Youth Service, Government of Odisha, Bhubaneswar
Address & Contact details
Districts Sports Officer,
Aim & Objectives
- The District Sports officer is the sole authority for the sports and games activity within the district.
- He is to supervise all type of sports/games and encourage the school, college and senior sports person to develop the sports of Deogarh district as well as he encouraged the minor school students (under 13years) to take admission in State Sports Hostel in different games.
- The DSO is responsible to encourage the youth of the district to participate in the state youth festival in different events.
Organization of rural sports, district youth festival and selection trial to admission of state sports hostel.
- Collector & District Magistrate, Deogarh
- Additional District Magistrate, Deogarh
- District Sports officer, Deogarh
- Khelo india
- Block & Urban areas Mini-stadium
- Girls Kabaddi Runners up in RGKA 2015
- Group Runners up in State level Youth Festival in 2015
- Sri Rama Chandra Dora, Gold Medal in State annual athletic meet 2017.
A brief report on organization of 23rd State Youth Festival-2017
This Office is greatly thankful to Government in Sports and Youth Service Department, Odisha, Bhubaneswar for given opportunity for hosting the prestigious 23rd State Youth Festival, 2017 at Deogarh. Accordingly, a organizing Committee was framed with District Level Officers wherein DSO, Deogarh was the convener and Collector was the chairpersons. The Sub-Committees were also constituted for different activities, consisting with the sub-ordinate staffs from different offices, Cultural Council Members, wherein the Senior Officers were chairperson. Time to time, the organizing committee meeting and sub-committee meetings were conducted. Secondly, one Whats Aap Group namely State Youth Festival, 2017 had been created for smooth management.
About 1411 youth personnel from different districts were participated in this Festival. There are 20 nos of state officials and judges were accompanied for the purpose. The registrations of Youth personnel as well as the officials were done district wise for participating in different event. The Registration Counter had been opened on 27th November, 2017 at Indoor Stadium adjourn to IG Stadium, for which the distance to different accommodation for participants is within one kilometer. During registration, the Food coupons for each day, caps and Identity cards were distributed to the participants as well as officials. The registration work had been worked out by the Registration Sub-Committee under the chairmanship of District Panchayat Officer.
Opening ceremony was held at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Deogarh on 28.11.2017. Hon’ble Sports Minister, Sri Chandra Sarathi Behera was the Chief Guest and Sri Akash das, Hon’ble M.L.A, was the guest of Honour and Collector & District Magistrate, Deogarh, Project director, DRDA, Additional District Magistrate and District Sports officer, Deogarh present in the dais. Different category of events by the Departmental guidelines was organized at 6 nos. of venue around the Deogarh town. All the participants and accompanying officials were separately accommodated. This programme running for a period of 4 days with encouraging local public, participants as well as judges. Prizes were awarded to the position holders and winners.
Closing ceremony was held on 01.12.2017 at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Deogarh Sri D.V. Swami, RDC,(ND) Sambalpur was the Chief Guest and Sri Haresh Kumar Mishra, Co-ordinator State Youth Festival, Collector & District Magistrate, Deogarh, Project director, DRDA, Additional District Magistrate and District Sports officer, Deogarh present in the dais in the closing ceremony. Travelling allowances were paid to the participants along with remuneration to the conducting official and judges. Programme was successfully organized.